Wednesday, March 2, 2016

#EBCTeam2016: Heather Jones


Relatively speaking, Mount Everest is a young mountain at just 60 million years old. While many of the world's mountains are actually receding slowly over time, Everest is still getting bigger, rising 40cm each century, or about 4mm each year. That means whenever someone new climbs to the top, they've gone just a little further than a climber the year before. Not that anyone's counting!

Our next Reach Beyond climber is Heather Jones, who will be accomplishing a life-long goal by climbing to Everest Base Camp.


"Hello! My name is Heather Jones.  I was born in Ontario and raised in Alberta and Manitoba.  My early career was spent in Southern Manitoba and over time I have developed a love for working with persons with disabilities.  I moved to Grande Prairie, Alberta three years ago to pursue and opportunity to manage an agency for people with disabilities.

The most enjoyable experiences for me have involved the outdoors.  I have always loved water sports, swimming, skiing and hiking. I have two grown children who are independent and finding their way in life. This has afforded me the opportunity to pursue a longtime goal trekking to Everest Base Camp.   I'm excited to embark on this adventure with the team along with the opportunity to raise funds for Outward Bound  Canada."

To support Heather in raising funds for life-changing Outward Bound Canada programs, please visit her personal fundraising page.

No comments:

Post a Comment