Monday, January 4, 2016

Kili Team 2016: Bevra Fee

Ensuring climbers have enough water is key when climbing Kilimanjaro. To help, the incredible porters on route collect water from the rivers and streams along the trail. Some of this they will boil at the start of the day for climbers to carry in their water bottles. On the lower slopes climbers can collect water themselves from the many streams and purify it using a filter or tablets.



Bevra is the next member of our 2016 Kilimanjaro team that we would like to feature. Bevra climbed Mt. Whitney in 2012, and Mt. Kilimanjaro is some 5000 feet higher. She says, "I know I can do the climbing, though, and I am looking forward to seeing a part of the world that is beautiful and completely different from what I know."

"I climbed Mt. Whitney in 2012, and I will tell you that Mt. Kilimanjaro is some 5000 feet higher.  I know I can do the climbing, though, and I am looking forward to seeing a part of the world that is beautiful and completely different from what I know.

In my quest for adventure and learning, I have committed to climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in January, 2016.  I am joining a trek that is organized by a well-renowned Canadian charity - Outward Bound Canada. Please help me with my quest by donating to Outward Bound Canada, helping them sustain their work to help Canadians to experience life-changing adventures and develop leadership.

Thank you to all who support this personal challenge of mine."

To support Bevra in her journey, please consider giving to her personal giving page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment