Monday, December 14, 2015

Kili Team 2016: Holly Wagg

Weather on Kilimanjaro can certainly fluctuate. The climate is influenced by the height of the mountain. As a result, Kilimanjaro has daily upslope and nightly downslope winds, a regimen stronger on the southern than the northern side of the mountain. The average temperature in the summit area is approximately −7 °C (19 °F). Snowfall can also occur any time of year but is associated mostly with northern Tanzania's two rainy seasons (November–December and March–May). Our climbers will likely be glad they are going outside of rainy season!


The next climber we would like to profile is Holly Wagg. Here's what Holly has to say about her trip:

"Kili has been on my bucket list for a long time. Now is the time to tackle it.

I’ve opted to do #kili2016 with Outward Bound Canada because Outward Bound has been so transformative in my own life.

The skills I learned through Outward Bound moved my camping from the trunk of a car to a canoe gliding through the vast backcountry waters of Algonquin. I learned how to solo portage a canoe, rock climb and even how to spend 24 hours on my own in the wilderness with nothing but a tarp, rope and sleeping bag.

But Outward Bound is about more than just the hard skills of outdoor adventure. It’s also about personal exploration and growth. It’s about reflection and self-discovery in the natural world. For me, it came at a crucial time in my life. It truly was a life-changing adventure.

That’s why, I’m climbing Kili with Outward Bound. I may have another life-changing adventure, but more importantly, I want to use this trip to help others have a life-changing wilderness experience of their own."

To support Holly in her journey, please consider giving to her personal giving page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment