Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Kili Team 2015: John Underhill

As you have seen, our 2015 Mt. Kilimanjaro team has arrived and is beginning their journey! Did you know, over 120 languages are spoken in Tanzania. Most of these are Bantu languages, a category of over 535 languages and dialects that are spoken throughout Africa.

Luckily, our team has some great leaders and local guides to help them communicate and navigate throughout their journey. I'm sure our last climber to be profiled, John Underhill, will appreciate the support.  Read more about John and his journey here:


I am a physiotherapist in the Collingwood area and live on a hobby farm in beautiful Creemore Ontario with my wife Sue and children Jake (15) and Abby (13).  I love the outdoors and world travelling.  In 2010 my family and I lived and volunteered in the small mountainside village of Nkoranga, about a 2 hr drive from Kilimanjaro.  It was then that I fell in love with the people and region and vowed to return one day to claim its ultimate prize…Mt Kilimanjaro.  I am very much looking forward to this personal challenge and raising funds for such a worthwhile organization that has had such a positive effect on so many people.

To support John in his journey, please consider giving to his personal giving page here.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome pics - keep them coming! Looks like great weather there. We are so jealous. Here in Collingwood, On it's currently -24 - but clear and sunny at least! If people want to donate still, where do they go? The donation page has expired......

    ReplyDelete