Monday, December 15, 2014

Kili Team 2015: Ian Tuck

Did you know: The youngest person to climb Kilimanjaro is Keats Boyd, an American who trekked up Uhuru Peak at age 7. What's most interesting though is that he managed to dodge the 10-year-old minimum age limit!

Our next profiled climber, Ian Tuck, hopes to take-on the challenge of Kilimanjaro with the energy of a 7-year-old. Read more about Ian's journey here:


"I am President at NoGlobalBorders (a Logistics Software & Customs Brokerage company) by day, and President of Bon Vivant Spirits Agents by night. While I don’t have a long history of climbing intimidating mountains, and most of my contact with the wilderness has been through childhood viewings  of “Wild Kingdom” episodes (with Marlon Perkins, sponsored by Mutual of Omaha), I *was* a Beaver, Cub Scout and Boy Scout. That said, my wife Anne Fitzgerald (who is an experienced mountaineer and outdoorswoman) is on the board of Outward Bound, and I’m looking forward to sharing the experience of a multi-day trek with her, and chronicling via words and photos our trip up Kili.

Through [my wife] Anne Fitzgerald’s stories of her experiences with Outward Bound and my experience with the Toronto chapter of Outward Bound, I’ve seen how much of a difference the organization makes in people’s lives. It’s an honour to be participating in this climb to further the valuable work that they do."

To support Ian in his journey, please consider giving to his and Anne's personal giving page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment