Friday, December 6, 2013

Mawenzi, Shira and Kibo

Kilimanjaro is a large stratovolcano (a conical volcano built up by many layers of hardened lava, tephra, pumice, and volcanic ash). Two of its three peaks, Mawenzi and Shira, are extinct but Kibo is dormant and could erupt again. The last major eruption has been dated to between 150,000 and 200,000 years ago, but we’re not expecting to see another one any time soon.

Robin isn’t intimidated by Kibo.  Robin has made a commitment to give back more than his money to charities that benefit people in need, and this climb is an incredible way to give back.  Read more about Robin below.


“Through hard work and a lot of luck I am proud to say I am a loving husband to my wife Meghan and father of two special boys, Rhys, 12, and Zachary, 10, not to mention a beautiful little Golden Doodle...Marley. 

I have spent my working career in the healthcare field, first as a physiotherapist and more recently working for a consumer and pharmaceutical products company.  I enjoy knowing that the work I do every day may lead to a person doing more and feeling better while they do it. 


Recently, I have made a commitment to give back more than my money to charities that benefit people in need within our communities.  I am excited to work hard to fundraise for the great programs that Outward Bound Canada delivers to children and adults in need.  Lastly, I have always enjoyed learning and experiencing new challenges in life.  Kilimanjaro will deliver big time on all those factors....and more!  I can’t wait for what truly will be the experience of a lifetime.”


Please help Robin and his fellow climbers reach their goal by making a donation to his personal fundraising page here or make a general donation to the 2013 Mt. Kilimanjaro Climb, by clicking on the "Canada Helps" icon below:


https://www.canadahelps.org/dn/11057

No comments:

Post a Comment