Saturday, January 19, 2013

Outward Bound Canada 2013 Team on the Summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro

2013 Mt. Kilimanjaro Expedition on the Summit 

Our team of 11, 9 participants and 2 staff, have dispersed now - some have headed home back to Canada and the Canadian winter and others are in various parts of the African continent, on safari, on the beach and even some on gorilla trek in Rwanda. We have had a marvellous adventure together - accomplished goals, made new friends, built connections, and been refreshed mentally and spiritually. On our last day on the mountain, we had the opportunity to thank the Tanzanian team of porters and guides from Chagga Tours for their assistance and support on the mountain. We sang the song below to the tune of "Stand By Me":

When the night is cold, and the trail is long
And the mist, the blowing mist, obscures the view
No I won't be afraid, No I won't be afraid, 
Just as long as I can walk beside you

When the pack on my back weighs me down on the track
When the height, the mighty height, spins my head
No I won't give up then, No I won't give up then, 
Just as long as I can walk in your tread

Chorus: 

So Chagga Chagga, Stand by me
Whoa, Whoa stand by me
Help me climb Mount Kibo
And Stand by me

When I reach the summit high
Where the sun meets the sky
And there's no, no mountain to climb
I will thank Chagga Tours
Yes I will thank Chagga Tours
for your smiles, for your hearts, for this time

Chorus

Thank You all for your support of this climb, of our climbers, & of our Fundraising initiative that raised close to $60K for Outward Bound Canada's funded programs.


2 comments:

  1. Great picture - congratulations on what must have been a satisfying and demanding trek. Well done to all and a special shout out to Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to all the climbers for an awesome achievement!!

    ReplyDelete