Friday, December 14, 2012

Rainforest, Heather, Moorland, Alpine Desert and Glaciers - What More Could You Ask For?

Over the course of their trip, the climbers will walk through rainforest, heather, moorland, alpine desert and glacial terrain. At the lowest altitudes, the climbers will sweat it out in temperatures as high as 30 degrees Celsius. As they near the top, they’ll be bundling up – temperatures will dip as low as -15 degrees Celsius.

Susan Casson is another one of our climbers. She’s done plenty of tripping up north – namely the Yukon and the Northwest Territories – and she’s excited about embarking on an adventure in the southern hemisphere; Mt. Kilimanjaro is just 330 kilometres south of the equator.




“I currently live on a farm in the Hockley Valley near Orangeville.  I have a 12 minute commute to my job at a local Racquet/Fitness Club where I am the administrator for the Racquets Department, as well as teaching tennis and leading fitness classes.



“I have always had a focus in my life for spending time outside.  Most recently I have participated in several hiking and canoeing trips in both the Yukon and the Northwest Territories.



“I am very excited to participate in this adventure to Kilimanjaro with Outward Bound.  One of my children took an Outward Bound course 15 years ago and ever since then I have maintained an ongoing interest in Outward Bound projects.  I look forward to the opportunity to fundraise for such a worthwhile organization that has such a positive and profound effect on so many people.”

Please help Susan and her fellow climbers reach their goal by making a donation to the 2013 Mt. Kilimanjaro Climb and clicking on the "Canada Helps" icon below:


No comments:

Post a Comment