Thursday, December 20, 2012

Kibo, Mawenzi, and Shira

Mt. Kilimanjaro is composed of three volcanic cones: Kibo, Mawenzi, and Shira. Mawenzi and Shira are both extinct, but Kibo, the highest peak, is dormant, and may one day erupt again. This is the second time Outward Bound Canada has sent a fundraising expedition up Kilimanjaro. The last expedition left on January 8th 2012, and returned home with over $70,000 raised for OBC’s core funded programs.

 Susan Calahan was first introduced to Outward Bound a few years ago when she participated in a dog sled trip. She is excited about the climb and the visit to East Africa.





“I am a human resources professional with TD Bank Group specializing in initiatives to recruit diverse talent into the organization.  I am currently working on my MBA and in my spare time I enjoy sailing and cycling.  Harold and I live in the Toronto Beaches and enjoy canoeing and hiking in Ontario. We also travel as much as we can, having explored many parts of the world with trips that usually involve as much walking and outdoor activities as possible. 


“I am looking forward to travelling to East Africa for the first time and to the experience of this Mount Kilimanjaro Expedition.   My connection to Outward Bound is rather recent as Harold introduced me to the organization with a dog sled trip a few years ago.   I enjoyed the learning experience the trip provided and the philosophy of Outward Bound.   I look forward to the opportunity to raise funds and awareness for this great organization through our 'Kili' climb.”

Please help Susan her fellow climbers reach their goal by making a donation to the 2013 Mt. Kilimanjaro Climb and clicking on the "Canada Helps" icon below:


You can make a general donation to the climb or dedicate it specifically to one of the climbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment