Thursday, November 22, 2012

Everyman’s Everest


Kilimanjaro is a mountain fondly referred to as “everyman’s Everest” – it requires no technical climbing, but can be summited simply by walking. However, the climb is not to be taken lightly. High winds, high altitudes and cold weather make it a dangerous trek.

Dan Reisler is another of the climbers who will be embarking up Mt Kilimanjaro on January 9. He is a two-time Outward Bound graduate.


“I am a lawyer and senior partner at Reisler Franklin LLP in Toronto. We conduct and defend insurance-related litigation on behalf of major North American and European insurance companies. Born and raised in Port Hope, Ontario, I studied at the University of Toronto then took my law degree at the University of Windsor. Although my life and career since then has kept me in the city, I have always loved the outdoors, and relish physical challenges. I have completed 2 OBC courses, canoeing on the Kopka River in Northern Ontario in 1993 and climbing in Strathcona Park on Vancouver Island in 2003.



“My wife Dale is also a lawyer and we have a daughter and son, 22 and 20, studying at U of T and McGill, respectively.



“Kili 2013 is an opportunity for me to take on a new challenge, and to give back in a small way to an organization that has done much for me and many others.”

Please help Dan and his fellow climbers reach their goal by making a donation to the 2013 Mt. Kilimanjaro Climb and clicking on the "Canada Helps" icon below:


You can make a general donation to the climb or dedicate it specifically to one of the climbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment